Dr. Jeff Powis, Infectious Diseases Physician at Michael Garron Hospital debunks six common myths about the flu shot. (Video: MGH)
MGH News interviewed Dr. Jeff Powis, Infectious Diseases Physician at Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) to debunk six common myths about the flu shot, including:
- The flu shot will give me the flu.
- I shouldn't get the flu shot if I'm pregnant.
- Healthy people don't need to get the flu shot.
- Getting the vaccine is all I need to do to protect myself from the flu.
- You don't need to get your flu shot every year.
- Children and seniors do not need to get vaccinated
Watch the video above to find out the answers!
Get your flu shot today
The vaccine is free, and it can be received through family doctors, participating pharmacies or public clinics. Click here to find out where you can get your flu shot.