COVID-19 List of Cancelled Services
Last updated: March 26, 2020 at 11:30 a.m.
On March 15, Christine Elliott, Deputy Premier and Minister of Health, released an official statement asking all Ontario hospitals to ramp down elective surgeries and other non-emergency clinical activity. As the number of COVID-19 cases rise in Ontario, this is an important step in containing the spread of the virus and preserving valuable system capacity to care for our most vulnerable patients.
Please check this page regularly as updates will be made frequently.
Effective March 16, 2020 the following services are cancelled:
- Plastics & Hand
- Orthopaedic (exceptions made for trauma cases)
- Thoracic (exceptions made for select cancer cases)
- Gynaecology (exceptions made for select cancer cases)
- Please note that the Colposcopy Clinic remains open for emergent appointments
Scheduled colonoscopies, endoscopies, orthopaedic trauma cases and select cancer surgeries will proceed on March 16, 2020, however these procedures will be re-evaluated for the remainder of this week. If you have any questions about an upcoming surgery, please call your surgeon’s office to speak with a member of the care team.
Paediatrics & Family Birthing Centre Cancellations
- Early Pregnancy Clinic will continue to run one day per week on Wednesdays by appointment only. Please note: Friday clinics are now cancelled.
- Breastfeeding Clinic
The Breastfeeding Clinic is offering breastfeeding consultations over the phone for MGH patients (patients who have given birth at MGH). To request a consultation, please call the clinic at 416-461-8272 ext. 6667 and leave a message with your first and last name and your phone number. Someone will return your call within 2-3 business days.
- Circumcision Clinic
- Healthy Lifestyles Clinic
- Child Development Centre
- Paediatric Consulting Clinic
- Asthma Clinic
- Complex Child & Teen
- Infant Feeding
- Neontatal Follow Up
- Teen Gynaecology
Selected urgent appointments will be kept for pediatric cardiology, ROP clinic and RSV. Your healthcare provider will be in touch to confirm.
MENTAL HEALTH Cancellations
- Rapid Access to Addictions Medicine (RAAM) Clinic
- If you have been seen at the RAAM Clinic and need follow up, please call 416-469-6580 (ext. 2517) or email @email. Please provide your name, a phone number as well as an email address. We are actively organizing virtual visits by video conference or phone and will follow up with you as soon as possible.
- Community Outreach Services REACH and Family Groups
- Withdrawal Management Outpatient Services
- Respirology Clinic (Chest Centre)
- Endo and Diabetic Clinic
- Benign Haematology Clinic
- Community Health Diabetes
- Geriatric Clinic
- Geriatric Assessment
- Memory Clinic
- General Neurology Clinic
- Stroke Prevention Clinic
- Arthritic Clinic
For the following clinics, non-urgent outpatient cases and procedures will be deferred:
- Nuclear Medicine
- Cardiac Stress Lab
The following outpatient clinics are temporary closed:
- Sleep Lab
- Pulmonary Function testing (PFT)
- Ontario Breast Screening Program (OBSP)
For all deferred tests, the patient and the referring physician will be notified.
For Respirology consults, phone and telemedicine options are explored.
Attempts will be made to contact patients to re-schedule your appointment as soon as possible.