A child & adolescent urgent psychiatric consultation is indicated when there is urgent need for psychiatric consultation due to serious mental health concerns that do not require immediate hospital admission. This includes:
- significant safety concerns (suicide/violence)
- severe and disabling mood, psychotic or anxiety symptoms
- urgent medication consultation
- serious functional impairment requiring urgent intervention
Please complete a child and adolescent mental health referral form and fax to 416-469-6179.
Please include the HEADS-ED screening tool
Any referrals that do not meet the criteria for an urgent psychiatric consultation will be redirected for a routine psychiatric consultation or to rapid access community resources. Please contact the urgent care worker at 416-469-6580 ext. 2297 for further details or questions.
Rapid access community mental health resources serving east Toronto:
40 Orchard View Blvd, Suite 102
2. what’s up walk-in clinics (multiple locations)
For urgent child and adolescent psychiatric input not requiring or in advance of a direct assessment, please also consider an eConsult through Ontario Telemedicine Network (Dr. Krista Lemke).