Community & Specialized Mental Health Services for Children and Youth
Community Mental Health Services
Walk-in format with access to psychiatric consultation, as needed:
815 Danforth Avenue, Third Floor
Hours: Wednesday 3-8 p.m., Thursday 2-6 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Please arrive 90 minutes before closing for the last appointment.
Skylark YouthCan Impact Walk-in Clinic (to age 25)
40 Orchard View Blvd, Suite 102
Walk-in format with intake to ongoing services, as needed (multiple locations):
Walk-in services can be accessed by parents/caregivers to start, if youth are reluctant to use the walk-in format. They can also be a point of entry to other mental health services.
Selected teen mental health resources serving east Toronto:
- Blake Boultbee Youth Outreach Services (Riverdale/ East York)
- Central Toronto Youth Services (including specialized services for gender and sexual identity)
- Strides Toronto (formerly East Metro Youth Services)
- Skylark (downtown and midtown locations)
- Turning Point Youth Services (downtown)
- Youthlink (mid-Scarborough)
Selected child mental health resources serving east Toronto:
- Strides Toronto (formerly Aisling Discoveries)
- Child Development Institute (midtown/west and East York locations)
- SickKids Centre for Community Mental Health (specialized trauma and newcomer teams)
Consider including the HEADS-ED screening tool when referring to community agencies.
Centralized referral service to mental health programs for infants, children, youth and families in Toronto:
Specialized Mental Health Services
- Bipolar disorder: Sunnybrook Centre for Youth Bipolar Disorder
- Psychosis: Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Eating Disorders: The Hospital for Sick Children, North York General Hospital
- Autism Spectrum Disorder assessment:
- If no other mental health concerns: Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital
- If other mental health concerns: Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Intellectual Disability: Surrey Place
- Learning Disorders: Integra Program at the Child Development Institute