While COVID-19 restrictions ease across Ontario, MGH care partners and designated visitors must continue to wear a mask and show proof of vaccination when visiting a loved one. Learn more about our visitor guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.
Nephrology (Renal) Kidney Care
The nephrology (renal) program provides a range of renal disease care and services. An interdisciplinary team of doctors (nephrologists), nurses, social workers, dietitians, pharmacists and clerical and support staff work with patients, their families, care providers and community links to help them manage their renal conditions.
- Multi-disciplinary Kidney Care Clinic (MCKC)
- Vascular Access Clinic
- In-centre Hemodialysis
- In-centre Nocturnal hemodialysis
- In-patient Peritoneal Dialysis
- Coming soon: Out-patient Peritoneal Dialysis program anticipated to open in 2021-22
Your experience is important to us. Here are some of the ways that we support you to improve your experience:
- Renal Patient Experience Council
- Community partnerships TC-LHIN coordination of supports, assessments, personal care and treatments and self-injections education and ongoing support
- Life labs Dynacare – Home visits for blood and urine testing.
- Palliative care supports through our community partnerships including Temmy Latner Centre for palliative care and in our house palliative care unit at MGH.
- MCKC virtual clinic options for care during ongoing pandemic
- Partnerships with SMH and UHN for pre-emptive kidney transplant and deceased donor kidney transplantation for both our MCKC and dialysis patients
Chronic kidney disease (CKD) and end-stage renal disease can be overwhelming. Click here for resources to help you through your journey.
Conservative Renal Care
Conservative management is a way to maximize your care when you have decided not to have dialysis or transplantation. Click here for more information.