MGH’s campus transformation continues with major renovation work. Patients and visitors can expect to experience noise, hallway closures and detours around the hospital. Learn more about our campus transformation.
The Margaret Chambers Diagnostic Imaging (DI) Department offers a wide range of high-quality diagnostic and therapeutic services to patients visiting Michael Garron Hospital (MGH).
We support inpatient and emergency programs at the hospital, in addition to supporting outpatient referrals from the community and hospital-based clinics. This includes bone mineral densitometry (BMD), computed tomography (CT scan), mammography, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), non-invasive vascular ultrasound, nuclear medicine, radiography (X-ray), fluoroscopy and ultrasound.
The DI Department plays a vital role in providing timely and accurate interventions to assist physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases. The DI Team works collaboratively with all clinical programs to offer the best outcomes to our patients. Our team consists of clerks, technologists, technical aides, nurses, volunteers and radiologists.
- CT (Computed Tomography)
- Interventional Procedures
- Nuclear Medicine
- Mammography (Call our team at 416-469-6580 ext. 2334 to book an appointment – no physician referral required.)
- Vascular Ultrasound
- BMD (Bone Mineral Densitometry)
- Radiography and Fluoroscopy
We now accept e-referrals from primary care! Find us on the OCEAN Healthmap.
- How to sign up for the Ocean eReferral Network
When You Arrive
We are located on the hospital campus at 825 Coxwell Ave. in Toronto, ON.
Hours of operation
- Outpatient exams take place from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. However, some services may have appointments beyond 4 p.m.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your appointment time and bring your health card or other insurance documents with you.
Please note MGH's campus transformation may result in hallway closures and detours around the hospital. We recommend arriving to the hospital in advance to ensure you have sufficient time for parking and wayfinding. Learn more about parking options at the hospital.
Registration and wayfinding
Before proceeding to the DI Department, you need to register in Patient Registration located in M Zone on the first floor.
After you are registered:
- For all exams, excluding Nuclear Medicine: Proceed to the main Diagnostic Imaging area located in H Wing on the first floor.
- For all Nuclear Medicine exams, excluding Cardiac Nuclear Medicine (Cardiolites): Proceed to the Nuclear Medicine area located in G Wing on the second floor.
- For Cardiac Nuclear Medicine (Cardiolites): Proceed to Cardiology area located in T Zone on the second floor.
Access to Images
MGH partners with PocketHealth to provide patients access to their medical imaging records online. Once patients enroll, they can view their entire available medical imaging history from MGH, share imaging instantly with any physician or even burn their own CD/USB from home. To enroll in this service, please visit pocket.health/MGH. If you have any questions related to this service, please call PocketHealth at 1-855-381-8522.
Requesting Access through MGH
Patients have the option to request a DVD with their images through MGH.
A DVD with images can be requested in-person at the front desk of the DI Department (H Wing on the first floor) from Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (excluding statutory holidays). It may take up to 30 minutes to process your DVD request.
Images can also be requested by phone or email from Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (excluding statutory holidays). DVDs must be picked up in-person at the front desk of the DI Department (H Wing on the first floor). To make a request by phone or email, and to arrange for pickup of your DVD, please contact us at 416-469-6580 ext. 2662 or @email.
Please bring valid photo identification. If you are picking up images for another person, please bring written authorization indicating who will be picking up the images. Due to privacy legislation, we will not release images unless ID and an authorization form (if applicable) are provided.