MGH’s campus transformation continues with major renovation work this spring. Patients and visitors can expect to experience noise, hallway closures and detours around the hospital. Read more about our campus transformation.
The Aftercare Clinic is a long-term outpatient psychiatric rehabilitation program for adults with psychotic disorders who live in stable housing. A multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, nurses, mental health workers and occupational therapists work together to provide assessment, treatment, education and resource linking to the community.
The primary components are long-term medical follow-up with a psychiatrist (for medications primarily), socialization, life skills and community recreation. We also assess patient needs and make referrals to community rehabilitation programs for recreational, vocational/educational follow-up.
- To enhance the individual’s understanding of his/her illness and treatment needs.
- To enable the individual to maintain and/or improve his/her quality of life.
The program offers both individual and group formats and includes the following services:
- psychiatric follow-up for medications
- crisis/supportive counseling
- medication and symptom monitoring
- social/recreational activities
- life skills
- prevocational evaluation & counselling
Referrals are accepted from health care providers from both within the hospital and the community for clients living in the catchment area of the Michael Garron Hospital.