As per the Ontario Government's new testing guidelines, our COVID-19 Assessment Centre is no longer accepting new bookings for asymptomatic individuals. All scheduled appointments made on or before Thursday, September 24 will be honoured. For more information about our Assessment Centre, please visit our Centre website.
The Aftercare Clinic is a long-term outpatient psychiatric rehabilitation program for adults with psychotic disorders who live in stable housing. A multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, nurses, mental health workers and occupational therapists work together to provide assessment, treatment, education and resource linking to the community.
The primary components are long-term medical follow-up with a psychiatrist (for medications primarily), socialization, life skills and community recreation. We also assess patient needs and make referrals to community rehabilitation programs for recreational, vocational/educational follow-up.
- To enhance the individual’s understanding of his/her illness and treatment needs.
- To enable the individual to maintain and/or improve his/her quality of life.
The program offers both individual and group formats and includes the following services:
- psychiatric follow-up for medications
- crisis/supportive counseling
- medication and symptom monitoring
- social/recreational activities
- life skills
- prevocational evaluation & counselling
Referrals are accepted from health care providers from both within the hospital and the community for clients living in the catchment area of the Michael Garron Hospital.