The sidewalk on the North side of Sammon Avenue is temporarily closed due to City of Toronto work within the area. Please use the sidewalk on the south side of Sammon Avenue and enter/exit MGH via the main Coxwell Avenue entrance. Read more
Preparing for Baby
- Bring your completed pre-registration package to the Family Birthing Centre on J7 before 30 weeks
- Make sure you have a primary care provide (family doctor) for your baby
- Pack your hospital bag
- Know the signs of labour and when to call for help
- Ensure you have an updated car seat for baby installed properly in your vehicle.
- Take a prenatal class
- WATCH: Tour the MGH Birthing Centre
- WATCH: Vaginal Birth After C-Section (VBAC)
About the hospital
Getting here: Expectant parents should come directly to the Family Birthing Centre on J7 when in labour after 20 weeks gestation. Most hospital entrance are locked in the evenings until 6:00 a.m. During this time you can enter the hospital through the Emergency Department only. Parents with labour symptoms before 20 weeks gestation should go your nearest Emergency Department.