As per the Ontario Government's new testing guidelines, our COVID-19 Assessment Centre is no longer accepting new bookings for asymptomatic individuals. All scheduled appointments made on or before Thursday, September 24 will be honoured. For more information about our Assessment Centre, please visit our Centre website.
Preparing for Baby
- Bring your completed pre-registration package to the Family Birthing Centre on J7 before 30 weeks
- Make sure you have a primary care provide (family doctor) for your baby
- Pack your hospital bag
- Know the signs of labour and when to call for help
- Ensure you have an updated car seat for baby installed properly in your vehicle.
- Take a prenatal class
- WATCH: Tour the MGH Birthing Centre
- WATCH: Vaginal Birth After C-Section (VBAC)
About the hospital
Getting here: Expectant parents should come directly to the Family Birthing Centre on J7 when in labour after 20 weeks gestation. Most hospital entrance are locked in the evenings until 6:00 a.m. During this time you can enter the hospital through the Emergency Department only. Parents with labour symptoms before 20 weeks gestation should go your nearest Emergency Department.