MGH’s campus transformation continues with major renovation work this spring. Patients and visitors can expect to experience noise, hallway closures and detours around the hospital. Read more about our campus transformation.
Preparing for Baby
- Fax your completed pre-registration package to Admitting at 416-469-7997. You will get this package from your care provider.
- Make sure you have a primary care provider (family doctor) for your baby.
- Pack your hospital bag.
- Know the signs of labour and when to call for help.
- Ensure you have an updated car seat for baby installed properly in your vehicle.
- Take a prenatal class.
- WATCH: Tour the MGH Birthing Centre.
- WATCH: Vaginal Birth After C-Section (VBAC).
- Get postpartum support with SeamlessMD, a free mobile digital education tool that will help guide you on your postpartum healthcare journey with reminders, notifications and surveys.
About the hospital
Getting here: Expectant parents should come directly to the Family Birthing Centre on J7 when in labour or with any urgent concerns after 20 weeks gestation. Most hospital entrance are locked in the evenings until 6:00 a.m. During this time you can enter the hospital through the Emergency Department only. Parents with labour symptoms or urgent concerns before 20 weeks gestation should go your nearest Emergency Department.