While COVID-19 restrictions ease across Ontario, MGH care partners and designated visitors must continue to wear a mask and show proof of vaccination when visiting a loved one. Learn more about our visitor guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.
Preparing for Baby
- Bring your completed pre-registration package to the Family Birthing Centre on J7 before 30 weeks
- Make sure you have a primary care provide (family doctor) for your baby
- Pack your hospital bag
- Know the signs of labour and when to call for help
- Ensure you have an updated car seat for baby installed properly in your vehicle.
- Take a prenatal class
- WATCH: Tour the MGH Birthing Centre
- WATCH: Vaginal Birth After C-Section (VBAC)
About the hospital
Getting here: Expectant parents should come directly to the Family Birthing Centre on J7 when in labour after 20 weeks gestation. Most hospital entrance are locked in the evenings until 6:00 a.m. During this time you can enter the hospital through the Emergency Department only. Parents with labour symptoms before 20 weeks gestation should go your nearest Emergency Department.