Emergency Department E-Booking Portal for Minor Injuries
Michael Garron Hospital’s Emergency Department has partnered with Health Myself to create an online booking portal for patients to book a same-day or next-day appointment for minor acuity injuries.
This portal is designed for patients who are experiencing a musculoskeletal injury such as a fracture, sprain or possible broken bone in their upper body (arm, wrist, hand, fingers) or lower body (leg, ankle, toe) and would like a X-ray and physician assessment.
Patients who meet any of the following criteria should not attempt to book an appointment and should instead proceed to their nearest emergency department or call 911:
- those who have been injured due to a car accident or a fall from a height
- those who have been injured on their head or neck
- those who are on blood thinners
- those whose injuries are very painful, actively bleeding or have caused deformation
- those whose injuries have caused fainting, seizures or memory loss
Patients who meet the criteria and qualify for an appointment will be given one of six available slots. They will be asked to arrive 30 minutes prior to their assessment time to account for triage and registration. While the team aims to keep booked appointments under two hours, a longer stay may be required for complex injuries.