At Michael Garron Hospital, environmental sustainability and energy conservation is a top priority. We are a member of the Canadian Coalition for Green Health Care and have a series of plans in place to track our progress and environmental performance:
- Pollution Prevention Plan
- Environmental Preferable Purchasing
- Sustainable Construction and Renovation: Enforce LEED silver requirements on all new major construction and renovation projects
- Water Conservation: 1 per cent per year reduction targets
- Coalition for Green Healthcare awarded Michael Garron Hospital the 2018 Green Hospital Of the Year Award.
Ontario Regulation 397/11, Energy Conservation and Demand Management Plans, requires all public sector organizations, including hospitals, to report on their annual energy use and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions; and to develop and implement a five-year energy conservation and demand management plan.