MGH’s campus transformation continues with major renovation work. Patients and visitors can expect to experience noise, hallway closures and detours around the hospital. Learn more about our campus transformation.
At Michael Garron Hospital, environmental sustainability and energy conservation is a top priority. We are a member of the Canadian Coalition for Green Health Care and have a series of plans in place to track our progress and environmental performance:
- Pollution Prevention Plan
- Environmental Preferable Purchasing
- Sustainable Construction and Renovation: Enforce LEED silver requirements on all new major construction and renovation projects
- Water Conservation: 1 per cent per year reduction targets
- Coalition for Green Healthcare awarded Michael Garron Hospital the 2018 Green Hospital Of the Year Award.
Ontario Regulation 397/11, Energy Conservation and Demand Management Plans, requires all public sector organizations, including hospitals, to report on their annual energy use and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions; and to develop and implement a five-year energy conservation and demand management plan.