While COVID-19 restrictions ease across Ontario, MGH care partners and designated visitors must continue to wear a mask and show proof of vaccination when visiting a loved one. Learn more about our visitor guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.
If you are under the care of a doctor or midwife you can expect to leave the hospital within 24 hours after a vaginal delivery. If you have a caesarean birth, you can expect to leave the hospital 2-3 days after delivery.
- If you will be traveling by car, be sure that you have a car seat that meets Canadian standards and that is not expired.
- Your baby should see their doctor or midwife within two days of going home from the hospital.
- Continue to practice skin-to-skin with baby. This means having your baby naked (diaper only) and placed directly on the bare skin of either parent as long as possible.
- Familiarize yourself with the signs and symptoms of postpartum depression and how you can get help.
- Know where you can get support for breastfeeding.