MGH’s campus transformation continues with major renovation work this spring. Patients and visitors can expect to experience noise, hallway closures and detours around the hospital. Read more about our campus transformation.
If you are under the care of a doctor or midwife you can expect to leave the hospital within 24 hours after a vaginal delivery. If you have a caesarean birth, you can expect to leave the hospital 2-3 days after delivery.
- If you will be traveling by car, be sure that you have a car seat that meets Canadian standards and that is not expired.
- Your baby should see their doctor or midwife within two days of going home from the hospital.
- Continue to practice skin-to-skin with baby. This means having your baby naked (diaper only) and placed directly on the bare skin of either parent as long as possible.
- Familiarize yourself with the signs and symptoms of postpartum depression and how you can get help.
- Know where you can get support for breastfeeding.
Postpartum Support with SeamlessMD
- MGH has partnered with SeamlessMD to provide a free mobile digital education tool that will guide a patient through their postpartum healthcare journey with reminders, notifications and surveys. Learn how to sign-up for SeamlessMD.