MGH’s campus transformation continues with major renovation work this spring. Patients and visitors can expect to experience noise, hallway closures and detours around the hospital. Read more about our campus transformation.
Learners at MGH
Michael Garron Hospital is committed to providing a high-quality community hospital learning environment for students and residents.
As a full-service community teaching hospital, Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) offers great breadth and quality of services and programs in a generalist community setting which is committed to an interprofessional model of care delivery. MGH provides education opportunities for learners from a variety of health professions in a unique learning environment.
We are a trusted community partner of the University of Toronto and proud of the role we play in educating the next generation of nurses, physicians, and other healthcare professionals who provide the highest standards of care to patients and their families.
Click the buttons below or on the side for program-specific information including what to do if you are seeking an experience, how to register, and onboarding instructions.
- Medical Students, Residents, Fellows
- Physician Assistant Learners
- Midwifery Learners
- Those seeking an opportunity to observe
- Health Professions Students
- Nursing Students
- Non-clinical students (IT, Health Admin, etc.)
Observations from learners about MGH's learning environment:
- Friendly and welcoming
- Diversity of patient population, health issues and learning experiences - Immigrant health, inner city health as well as the nearby Beach and Danforth neighbourhoods with many young families
- Technologically advanced including videoconferencing, an electronic patient record and extensive online resources
- Dedicated and knowledgeable supervisors/preceptors - all were interested in teaching and interested in having me learn
- Considerable one-on-one, hands-on teaching
- A commitment to an interprofessional team-based approach to care
- Evidence of how the practice of team care is integral to the patient experience