As of August 2021, our out-patient referral process is changing.
Michael Garron Hospital’s (MGH) Child and Youth Mental Health Program Outpatient Services provides excellent psychiatric consultation and specialized services, with strong connections and integration with the East Toronto community. We are committed to a person and family-centred approach that offers the best possible care for children and youth and children.
MGH is partnering with Mental Health T.O. (MHTO) to offer a more streamlined referral and intake process for patients, families and providers. Referrals will be centrally processed by MHTO.
MHTO is a single access point for infants, children, youth up to 18 and their families in Toronto to find and get the mental health help they need efficiently and quickly. Once your patient is connected to services, MHTO will provide you with an update on the disposition.
WHY ARE WE CHANGING?
- Increased efficiency, reduced wait times and enhanced resource and system navigation for patients and families
- Improved access to community mental health supports across different agencies through centralized intake process
- Option to refer through Ocean, a new eReferral system, to submit patient referrals directly from your electronic medical record, with access to up-to-date specialist and program directories
HOW DO I REFER?
- Sign up for a free OCEAN account today: Ocean Sign-Up
- Physicians who are signed up for OCEAN can refer directly through the platform and receive ongoing updates to client referrals
- OR Complete a psychiatric paper referral form and fax to MHTO: (647) 480-5058
WHY REFER TO MHTO?
Patients and families will have seamless access not only to psychiatric consultation but also to a whole range of community based mental health services in their area.
For more information visit Mental Health T.O. (MHTO)