The sidewalk on the North side of Sammon Avenue is temporarily closed due to City of Toronto work within the area. Please use the sidewalk on the south side of Sammon Avenue and enter/exit MGH via the main Coxwell Avenue entrance. Read more
Mammography is a diagnostic screening tool that uses low energy x-rays to examine the breast. A mammography exam, called a mammogram, supports the early detection and diagnosis of breast diseases.
Call us to book your mammogram today
- Women aged 50-74 are eligible for a bi-annual Screening Mammogram provided by the OBSP (Ontario Breast Screening Program). In screening cases, a doctor’s referral is not required.
- To book an appointment, please call us at 416-469-6580 x2334 (7:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.) Same day appointments may be available.
- If presenting with new breast symptoms, breast implants, or a history of malignant tumours, a physician’s referral is required.
We are here to support you. You may reach us at 416-469-6401 (the main DI line) from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
If you require assistance outside of regular business hours, you may choose one of the following options:
- Leave a voice mail message at 416-469-6401
- Send us an email at @email
What to expect
Mammography remains the best screening test tool for most women (and occasionally men). This test requires the removal of your clothes above the waist and changing into a hospital gown. It is important that you do not use deodorants, antiperspirants, body lotions or talcum powders on the day of your exam.