Mammography is a diagnostic screening tool that uses low energy x-rays to examine the breast. A mammography exam, called a mammogram, supports the early detection and diagnosis of breast diseases.
Women aged 50-74 are eligible for a bi-annual screening mammogram provided by the Ontario Breast Screening Program (OBSP). In screening cases, a doctor’s referral is not required.
For patients presenting with new breast symptoms, breast implants or a history of malignant tumours, a physician’s referral is required.
BOOK YOUR MAMMOGRAM TODAY
Eligible patients can now book their screening mammography online!
By clicking the link below, you are being redirected to the website of the hospital's online booking vendor and will no longer be on the Michael Garron Hospital website.
Once the booking is confirmed, you will get an email notification and will be enrolled into the MGH call and text reminder system.
About online bookings
- MGH is the first hospital in Ontario to offer online booking for Screening Mammograms
- Online bookings are powered by a secure, encrypted portal from a third-party vendor, Health Myself – a Canadian healthcare technology company. Patient data is managed by Health Myself in accordance with the privacy legislation of the Province of Ontario. Click here for more information.
- Online bookings are available for Ontario Breast Screening Program (OBSP) patients.
- Multiple appointment time options are available, both in the morning and afternoon.
- You can book your appointment for weekdays, 4 to 90 days from today’s date.
Book an appointment by phone
Appointments can also be booked by phone. To book an appointment by phone, please call 416-469-6580 ext. 2334 (7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.). Same day appointments may be available.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Mammography remains the best screening test tool for most women (and occasionally men). This test requires the removal of your clothes above the waist and changing into a hospital gown. Please do not wear any antiperspirant, deodorant, powder or cream on the day of your mammogram.
We are here to support you. You may reach us at 416-469-6401 (the main DI line) from 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
If you require assistance outside of regular business hours, you may choose one of the following options:
- Leave a voice mail message at 416-469-6401
- Send us an email at @email