MGH’s campus transformation continues with major renovation work. Patients and visitors can expect to experience noise, hallway closures and detours around the hospital. Learn more about our campus transformation.
At Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), we strive to design and deliver healthcare that can be accessed fairly by everyone, and that is culturally inclusive. This includes ensuring our patients, families and care partners are able to receive care in their preferred language or dialect.
If you need interpretation services while receiving care at MGH, please tell your healthcare provider. They will arrange an interpretation service for you based on your needs.
Virtual interpretation services
- Available in more than 240 languages
- Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Private and confidential
- Offers American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreters and Certified Deaf Interpreters (CDIs)
- Provided by Voyce Interpretation System
In-person sign language interpretation
If you require in-person sign language interpretation while receiving care at MGH, we require two to three weeks’ notice to arrange a sign language interpreter for your visit. Please let the person who is booking your appointment know that you require a sign language interpreter, so they can make the appropriate arrangements.
Sign Language interpreters are booked through Ontario Interpreting Services. They provide American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreters and Certified Deaf Interpreters (CDIs) across Ontario.
interested in learning more?
If you have any questions about interpretation services at MGH, please contact @email.
Please note MGH staff, physicians, learners and volunteers are not qualified to provide interpretation services.
Exceptions to using the above interpretation services at MGH may be made in the following circumstances:
- If a patient identifies a close family member or friend as a preferred interpreter
- If a department decides that, for a specific clinical situation, in-person interpretation provided by a certified medical interpreter is required