As of Monday, January 23, 2023, Michael Garron Hospital Kidney Care will be changing its name to the Neo Azad Foundation Kidney Centre and has moved to T2 in the new Ken and Marilyn Thomson Patient Care Centre. The Thomson Centre is located on MGH’s campus at the corner of Coxwell and Sammon Avenues.
This inter-professional outpatient clinic supports patients with advanced kidney disease.
We help you to prepare, manage and make the treatment choices that are best for you. The goals of the clinic are to reduce progression of kidney disease, monitor, and manage the multi system complications and co-morbid complications of advanced kidney disease, and to prepare patients and their families for renal replacement therapies; dialysis or pre-emptive transplantation, or conservative management care.
The care team includes nephrologist, registered nurse, dietician, pharmacist, and social worker. We partner with you, your family, care providers and community teams to provide you with information, education, interventions and support, to help you feel your best.
Referrals should be faxed directly to the nephrologist’s office.
Preparing for your appointment
- Clinic visits may be in person and may take 2-3 hours.
- Some appointments may be virtual and occur via telephone or video.
- Blood and urine testing is to be completed 1-2 weeks prior to each appointment date to ensure the team has access to the results.
- MCKC operates on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays only.
What to bring to your appointment
- Your current medications and herbal/vitamin supplements
- Drug store name, address and phone number
- A notepad and pen to take notes; this can help you remember everything your health care team tells you when you go home
- OHIP card, drug insurance card, or any other method of payment for possible prescriptions
Family member or friend may come if you wish
We now accept eReferrals from Primary Care! Find us on the OCEAN Health Map.
- Ocean eReferral Sign up