Telephone contact is one way to stay connected to your family and friends while they are in hospital. It is also possible to connect by video. The team at the hospital can help with this.
To request a video visit with a patient at Michael Garron Hospital, send an email request to @email or call (416) 469-6580 ext. 6096. We aim to respond to requests within one day.
You will need:
- An active working telephone number
- Working Internet via WiFi or hardwired
- Active working email account
- Microphone capable and Video capable device
You may use any of the following devices with video and audio (microphone) capabilities:
- Cell phone
- Computer (PC)/Laptop
Get started now:
- Download the Zoom app on your device via IPhone iOS App store OR Android/Google Play Store OR via the web https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us and go to download.
- You do not need an account to sign in. We will send an email hyperlink for the designated scheduled meeting. You need to only press the link and allow it to open via Zoom app.
NOTE: The video visits are 15 minutes long. The video family visit is for social connection and is not intended for family discussions with the healthcare team. If you have questions for the health care team, please contact the patient’s unit by phone.