Sarah Downey hosts ‘5 questions’ with Mitze Mourinho, president of MGH Foundation
Sarah Downey, president and CEO of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), interviews Mitze Mourinho, president of MGH Foundation about the role of the Foundation and the ways in which the community has shown their support during the COVID-19 pandemic.
You have questions and Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) has answers.
In this community edition of “5 Questions with President and CEO Sarah Downey” video series, Sarah interviews Mitze Mourinho, president of Michael Garron Hospital Foundation (MGHF) about the role of the Foundation and the ways in which the community has shown their support for frontline staff and physicians during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Watch the video to find out the answers to the following 5 questions:
- Can you tell us about the Michael Garron Hospital Foundation? (0:25)
Key Points: MGHF is a separate entity from the hospital, with its own Board of Directors. Its mission is to build relationships with the community and raise funds to support the hospital and the Toronto East Health Network.
- What does a gift to the hospital mean? Can you describe the impact of donor dollars? (2:20)
Key points: A gift to MGHF is a gift to the entire East Toronto community. Donor dollars help the hospital to purchase state of the art equipment, undergo much needed renovations, conduct research and more. The Foundation is currently in the midst of its $100M Heart of the East campaign in support of the hospital’s campus wide redevelopment project.
- Can you describe some of the community initiatives the Foundation has launched during COVID-19? (4:08)
- Can you tell us about the meal donations initiative for frontline workers during COVID-19? (7:00)
Key Points: Since COVID-19 began many local businesses and restaurants reached out to offer their support. The meal distribution initiative for frontline workers has provided staff and physicians with meals at lunchtime or to bring home at the end of their shifts. To date, 18,000 meals have been distributed.
- How has COVID-19 shifted the business goals and operations of the Foundation? What’s next? (11:21)
Key points: As a result of COVID-19, the Foundation’s main goal has been supporting MGH’s frontline staff and physicians. Moving forward, the Foundation will continue to support frontline workers while also continuing its fundraising efforts for the Heart of the East campaign. To donate, or learn more about how you can get involved, visit the Michael Garron Hospital Foundation website.
- Sarah Downey hosts community edition of ‘5 questions’ with the MGH emergency operations command centre
- Sarah Downey hosts ‘5 Questions’ with Dr. Kyle Vojdani, Chief and Medical Director of the Emergency Department
- Sarah Downey hosts ‘Nursing Week’ Edition of ‘5 Questions’ with Chief Nursing Executive Irene Andress