COVID-19 vaccines are not available to the general public at this time, as per Phase One of the Ontario Government’s Vaccination Implementation Plan. Click here for information on COVID-19 vaccine administration for target populations.
Aboriginal Healing Program
The Aboriginal Healing Program is a highly structured Accredited Leading Practice Aboriginal Program that has been accredited by Accreditation Canada. Teachings are delivered in a P.R.O.I. method by blending Aboriginal Teachings and Western Information.
The program provides continuous intake process and does not believe in a waiting list or a time limits on a person’s healing journey for those that are either considering or are ready to begin their healing path.
Community members receive various certificates on their healing journey:
- A Completion certificate is provided at determination of the Elder. Once a completion certificate has been provided community members become Alumni of the program for life.
- A Graduation certificate is provided one year after the date of completion and remaining on their healing journey.
- A Maintenance certificate is provided one year after the date of graduation and remaining on their healing journey. The next certificate is their 5 year and 10 year anniversaries.
Community Member Contributions
- Mural on Palliative Care Unit
- The 'Healing Room' in Pediatrics
- Blessing of the Ground Before Construction
- Opening of the The Bear’s Den All Nations Traditional Medicine Sweat Lodge
- Healing Ceremony on Construction Site
- Painting & Raising of the Unity Beam on New Patient Care Tower