There has been a significant increase in demand for COVID-19 testing at our Assessment Centre. This may result in longer than usual wait times and line-ups. We apologize for this inconvenience and are working to improve access to testing to meet current demand. Please click here for more information about our Assessment Centre.
Patient Relations (Feedback)
As of Monday, March 16, 2020, the Patient Relations office will no longer be able to facilitate walk-in consultations. Patients wishing to contact the team can use the following methods:
- Phone: 416-469-6096
- Email: @email
- Fax: 416-469-6559
- Mail: Patient Relations Office, 825 Coxwell Avenue, Toronto, ON, M4C3E7
Thank you for your understanding.
How Patient Relations Supports You
There may be times when you, a family or community member needs help to find information or voice a concern. If your healthcare team is unable to help, our patient relations consultant is available to assist you.
The consultant can help you by:
- listening to your concerns
- reviewing reasonable follow-up options with you
- explaining hospital policies and procedures
- setting up meetings with you, your family members and the appropriate healthcare team members
- answering questions about services at the hospital
- facilitating a chart review
Please note that we are unable to provide personal health information for any patient without their consent. In most cases, we will need the patient’s permission before following up on concerns about their care.
Walk-ins are accommodated when possible. Appointments are usually available on the same day.
Sharing your concerns in hospital
If you are a patient or family member of a patient currently receiving care within the hospital, and you have a concern:
- Speak with a member of your healthcare team
- Discuss your care with your primary care physician
- Ask to speak with the Charge Nurse, Team Leader, Supervisor or Unit Manager
- Call or visit the Patient Relations office if the other options were not helpful
Sharing your concerns after hospital
If you are a patient or family member of a patient who has previously received care at Michael Garron Hospital:
- Call to talk about your concerns or make an appointment with Patient Relations to discuss in person
- Send an email or letter detailing your concerns
We will respond by the same method you have used to contact us, usually within on business day.
Patient relations process delegate
This role is responsible for overseeing the Patient Relations process, and presenting data about this process to the Quality Committee of the hospital Board twice a year.
Sarah Coppinger, Manager, Patient Experience, @email
Irene Andress, VP, Patient Experience, Health Professionals and Chief Nursing Executive, Irene.Andress@tehn.ca