There has been a significant increase in demand for COVID-19 testing at our Assessment Centre. This may result in longer than usual wait times and line-ups. We apologize for this inconvenience and are working to improve access to testing to meet current demand. Please click here for more information about our Assessment Centre.
Patient Rights & Our Responsibilities
At Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), patients, family members, friends, staff, physicians, volunteers and learners are committed to working together to ensure care is safe, appropriate, patient-centred and consistent with our values of excellence, kindness and respect.
Patients, family members, friends, staff, physicians, volunteers and learners will:
- Provide and receive fair and compassionate treatment regardless of religion, ethnic origin, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation or disability
- Welcome family and friends to be involved in care, as desired by the patient
- Communicate clearly, openly and honestly
- Share information that will assist in making informed care and treatment decisions
- Listen to and value each other’s viewpoints and choices
- Respect each other’s privacy
- Create a safe place to have difficult conversations and to share successes and opportunities
- Work together to provide a safe environment
- Work together to continuously improve clinical programs, education, and the design of the care environment