MGH’s campus transformation continues with major renovation work this spring. Patients and visitors can expect to experience noise, hallway closures and detours around the hospital. Read more about our campus transformation.
Patient Rights & Our Responsibilities
At Michael Garron Hospital / Toronto East Health Network, patients, family members, friends, staff, physicians, volunteers, and learners are committed to working with each other. When we work together, care is safe, patient-centred and in line with our values.
Patients, family members, friends, staff, physicians, volunteers and learners will:
- Give and receive fair and compassionate treatment regardless of religion, ethnic origin, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or ability.
- Commit to respecting traditional healing practices, ceremonies, and medicines as part of a community member’s healing journey.
- Welcome family and friends to be a part of care, as wanted by the patient.
- Communicate in a way that is clear, open, and honest.
- Share information that will help make informed care and treatment decisions.
- Listen to and respect each other’s ideas and choices.
- Respect each other’s privacy.
- Create a safe place to talk about what went well and what can be improved.
- Work together to build a safe environment.
- Work together to makes things better.
We’re here to support you. If you have feedback or a concern, please contact the unit manager or Patient Relations: