Postpartum Adjustment Program
Depression and anxiety can occur anytime during pregnancy or after birth.
Michael Garron Hospital partners with Toronto Public Health and community partners in offering access to a variety of supports to parents anytime during pregnancy or after birth. Programs can be accessed through Toronto Public Health at 416-338-7600.
The MGH program is designed for women that have recently given birth or have adopted a child and are experiencing episodes of postpartum adjustment. To book an appointment call 416-469-7608.
Things to do to take care of you...
- Take one day at a time
- Ask for help from your health care provider
- Share your feelings with your partner
- Sleep when you can
- Eat healthy food and keep hydrated
- Plan one thing to look forward to every day
- Be active! Go outside for a walk
- Join a local support/parenting group
Source: Toronto Public Health